ZENB Shrimp Creole
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 467g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This low-calorie Shrimp Creole recipe brings together both ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce to deliver the flavors of Louisiana. Add in some shrimp, sausage, and spices and you will love the way this tastes.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces chopped andouille sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined (31-35 count)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook sausage 4-5 minutes until browned. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and paprika. Cook 4-5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.3.
Stir in ZENB Sauce, water and bay leaf; simmer 8-10 minutes on medium-low heat until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is done. Add pasta to sauce; mix gently until well combined. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.