ZENB exists to cultivate more conscientious eating … for ourselves, our community, and the world around us.
We take a plant-full approach as we re-invent everyday food using only real ingredients. Embracing the Japanese zenbu (全部) concept of WHOLE, we add less and waste nothing to unleash the flavor & nutrients of plants.
Our food development legacy stretches back over 200 years with a nature-driven, upcycling approach. Today, we’re applying our expertise to unlock what plants can do with no compromise on taste & texture.
A LEGACY OF FLAVOR
ZENB (pronounced ZEN-bee) is a division of Mizkan, a company that has been changing the way people think about food since its foundation in 1804.
- Upcycling pioneer with invention of new method to produce rice vinegar using by-products
- Invented ponzu (citrus seasoned soy sauce) to bring restaurant flavors to homes
- Created new food category with introduction of rice ball seasoning
- Developed new fermentation technology using a popular soybean product
- Globalized flavor knowledge & expertise through acquisition of established UK vinegar brands
- Expanded footprint through acquisition of leading sauce brands in the US market
- Developed first plant-based quick-cooking pasta shape that retains preferred texture
- Launched single ingredient long noodle that has traditionalists fooled
- Introduced on-the-go pasta meal solution that is better-for-you and ready in under 3 minutes
PRIVATELY HELD; WOMAN-OWNED
As 9th generation leader of the company, Ms. Yuko Nakano, president, Mizkan Holdings Co., Ltd (ZENB parent company) is a committed leader focused on extending the purpose-driven legacy of good health and happiness that Mizkan has become known for around the world.