ZENB Elbows Pasta with Lamb & Fennel Ragu
PREP TIME 8 minutes
COOK TIME 60 minutes
Serving Size: 640g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
This chef-crafted recipe will be sure to impressions your friends and family. This dish combines ZENB Elbows Pasta with lamb and fennel ragu to bring you a low calorie, low fat, and good source of fiber that your tastebuds will enjoy.
- 1 pound ground lamb (85% lean)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 3/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 navel orange, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
Heat lamb in Dutch oven lightly sprayed with olive oil on medium-high heat. Cook 4-6 minutes while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add vegetables, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt & pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently until translucent. Add wine and stock; cook 4-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes and olives; bring mixture to a boil.2.
Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.3.
Remove pot from heat; stir in pasta, orange zest, juice, cheese and mint. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined.Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds before serving.
Herbs de Provence is a fragrant dried combination of rosemary, thyme, summer savory, lavender, marjoram, fennel, sage and bay leaves. It is delicious when used in stews,roasted or grilled meats.
For added depth of flavor, stir in ¼ cup sliced Niçoise olives into the sauce. Niçoise olives are small, black French olives produced in Provence. Utilize the olive bar in the deli section of the grocery store to buy the exact amount of olives needed in a recipe.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.