Protein-Packed ZENB Rotini with Salmon, Chickpeas, & Dill
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 508g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Rotini Pasta
Enjoy your ZENB Rotini Pasta in this protein-packed recipe with salmon, chickpeas, and dill. You can make this delicious dish in just 25 minutes and you will enjoy a good source of protein and fiber, while staying low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
- 2 cups (6 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless salmon filet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dill plus additional sprigs for serving
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, salt & pepper; cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently until tender-crisp. Add pasta water, chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Top with salmon; cook 3-5 minutes covered, stirring occasionally until salmon is done.3.
Stir in pasta, lemon zest, juice and dill. Mix gently 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve topped with additional dill sprigs.
Organic Atlantic, king and sockeye salmon are all great choices for this dish.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.