One-Pot Black Bean Fajita ZENB Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 27 minutes
TOTAL TIME 37 minutes
Serving Size: 756g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, one-pot recipe is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penne Pasta. Combining the taste of various spices, black beans, and cheese, this recipe delivers on familiar flavors you know and love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow), cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 carton (32 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot on medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions, and salt to pot. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add spices; cook 1 minute until fragrant.2.
Stir in ZENB Pasta and broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.3.
Stir in corn and beans; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Add cheese; mix gently until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with cilantro.
Serve with toppings like lime wedges, sour cream, avocado slices, and hot sauce.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.