One-Pot Black Bean Fajita ZENB Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 27 minutes
Serving Size: 756g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, one-pot recipe is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penne Pasta. Combining the taste of various spices, black beans, and cheese, this recipe delivers on familiar flavors you know and love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow), cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 carton (32 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot on medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions, and salt to pot. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add spices; cook 1 minute until fragrant.2.
Stir in ZENB Pasta and broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.3.
Stir in corn and beans; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Add cheese; mix gently until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with cilantro.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.