Caramelized Zucchini & ZENB Penne with Effortless Summer Pesto
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
Serving Size: 385g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This recipe combines the delicious flavor of pesto with a zucchini packed ZENB Penne Pasta recipe. This meal takes only 20 minutes to make and is a great way to fill your pasta craving while getting in a good source of fiber.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup prepared Effortless Summer Pesto
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Cook ZENB Pasta 2 minutes less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add zucchini to skillet in single layer. Cook, undisturbed, 3-4 minutes, or until bottoms are deep golden brown. Season with salt & pepper.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add pasta and stock. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is done. Remove pan from heat; stir in pesto and vinegar. Sprinkle with pine nuts and additional ground pepper before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.