Effortless Summer Pesto
PREP TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 63g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Pasta Variety
There is nothing like having a delicious, simple pesto recipe on hand to elevate the dishes you create in your kitchen. This versatile Effortless Summer Pesto recipe goes perfectly with ZENB Pasta or to be used as a dip, spread, or dressing on any of your at-home meals.
- 2/3 cup lightly toasted pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios, sunflower kernels, sesame seeds or pepitas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 cups loosely packed basil leaves, Italian parsley, cilantro, baby kale or spinach, arugula, chives or green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 ice cubes
- 1-1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Pamigiano-Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, aged manchego or Grana Padano cheese
Place nuts and garlic in the work bowl of a food processor or blender jar. Pulse for 5 sec. or until coarsely chopped.2.
Add basil, salt and ice. Process for 10-15 sec., until mixture forms a coarse paste. Scrape down sides of work bowl. Continue to process 15-30 sec., while slowly drizzling oil through the feed tube until mixture comes together. Add cheese; pulse just until combined.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.