ZENB Tomato Candy Caprese Penne
PREP TIME 3 minutes
COOK TIME 12 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 223g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
"Candy" for dinner can be a reality with this delicious version of caprese salad using ZENB Penne Pasta. Loaded with mini mozzarella balls and sundried tomatoes this dish can be made in 15 minutes. Packed with a good source of protein, this recipe would be a quick and easy meal for a busy day.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain; keep warm.2.
Meanwhile spread tomatoes in a single layer in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 90 seconds on high, until tomato pieces begin to look dry. Add vinegar; mix well to coat. Microwave 90 seconds until most liquid is evaporated. Let stand to cool. Combine pasta with reserved pasta water, tomatoes, arugula and cheese in large bowl. Garnish with lemon zest, juice and pepper before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.