ZENB Salsa Verde Agile Chili
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 374g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Pasta Agile
Fresh Salsa Verde and chili create a tangy spice level that complements ZENB Pasta Agile for a hearty dinner. This dish is low in calories, a good source of protein and a good source of fiber.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 small jalapenos, seeded, halved
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional sprigs for serving
- 12 ounces plant-based Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Pasta Agile
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add tomatillos and jalapenos. Cook 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, softened. Add onions and garlic; cook 4-5 minutes until tender. Cool slightly.2.
Transfer cooked vegetables and cilantro to blender jar. Blend for 1 minute on high, until smooth.3.
Heat remaining oil in same pot on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 4-5 minutes, until browned, breaking up large pieces with wooden spoon. Add broth and corn; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in ZENB Pasta Agile; cook 2 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Top with avocado, radishes, queso fresco and cilantro sprigs before serving.
Substitute bulk Italian pork or turkey sausage for plant-based sausage.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.