ZENB Rotini with Vegan Mixed Mushroom Bolognese
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 70 minutes
TOTAL TIME 90 minutes
Serving Size: 390g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Vegan, gluten-free, and low-calorie, this version of Bolognese is the perfect plant-based swap for the traditional version. Using lots of mushrooms, ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Gourmet Pasta Sauce, this recipe delivers on flavor while providing a good source of fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Gourmet Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt & pepper. Cook 20 minutes stirring frequently, until browned. Add onions, carrots, celery and red pepper; cook 8-10 minutes until vegetables are softened.2.
Stir in ZENB Sauce and oregano. Cook 6-8 minutes while scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened.3.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Add pasta to sauce; mix gently until well combined.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.