ZENB Rotini with Quick Turkey Bolognese
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
Serving Size: 590g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Rotini Pasta
This ZENB Rotini Pasta dish is a delicious and simple way to get in a good source of protein while staying low calorie, low fat, and low cholesterol. Traditional Bolognese takes much longer to make, but this recipe helps you maximize the flavor in just 30 minutes.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Place bacon in large pot on medium-high heat. Cook 4-6 minutes until browned and crisp. Add turkey, salt & pepper to pot. Cook 5-6 minutes, while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until translucent. Add wine and stock; cook 3-4 minutes. or until liquid is reduced by half.2.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.3.
Stir pasta, cheese and vinegar into sauce. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of butter before serving for extra richness.
Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Traditional Bolognese sauce takes hours to prepare. This version maximizes flavor in 30 minutes.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.