ZENB Rotini Lasagna Bake
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 60 minutes
Serving Size: 210g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Using ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Gourmet Pasta Sauce, this lasagna bake recipe is simple to prepare while delivering on taste. Providing protein, this lasagna recipe is perfect for a family meal or when you’re hosting a large gathering.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Gourmet Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package; drain. Return pasta to pot.2.
Heat oil and red pepper flakes in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook 7-8 minutes or until browned, while breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon. Add onion, salt & pepper; cook stirring occasionally, cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 4-5 minutes or until heated through.3.
Add sauce to pot with pasta; mix gently to combine. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella cheese.4.
Bake 40-45 minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown on the edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.