ZENB Rotini Lasagna Bake
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 60 minutes
TOTAL TIME 70 minutes
Serving Size: 210g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Using ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Gourmet Pasta Sauce, this lasagna bake recipe is simple to prepare while delivering on taste. Providing protein, this lasagna recipe is perfect for a family meal or when you’re hosting a large gathering.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Gourmet Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package; drain. Return pasta to pot.2.
Heat oil and red pepper flakes in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook ground beef 7-8 minutes or until browned, while breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon. Add onion, salt & pepper; cook stirring occasionally, cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 4-5 minutes or until heated through.3.
Add sauce to pot with pasta; mix gently to combine. Stir in ricotta, Parmesan and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella cheese.4.
Bake 40-45 minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown on the edges. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle top with fresh chopped basil or Italian parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.