ZENB Quick Penne Arrabbiata with Fresh Ricotta
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 13 minutes
TOTAL TIME 18 minutes
Serving Size: 418g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
An arrabbiata sauce is a spicy authentic Italian sauce. ZENB Penne Pasta with a quick arribiata sauce tastes just as spicy but will be ready in under 20 minutes. The addition of ricotta makes the pasta dish extra creamy and tangy. This delicious dish is also low in calories and low in fat.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made with 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; return pasta to pot.2.
Add sauce and red pepper to hot pasta. Mix gently 2-3 minutes on low heat until well combined and heated through.3.
Top each serving with ricotta, additional red pepper flakes, basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Substitute chopped fresh chives for the basil.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.