ZENB Penne with Braised Tuscan Kale & Oyster Mushrooms
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
Serving Size: 558g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This recipe combines a variety of vegetables and spices with ZENB Penne Pasta to create a flavorful, health-conscious dish. This recipe meets a variety of nutrient standards including low calorie, good source of fiber, low fat, cholesterol free, excellent source of vitamin A, and a good source of vitamin C.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed, cut into 1-inch thick strips (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon white soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
Cook ZENB Pasta 2 minutes less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and thyme; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until translucent. Add mushrooms, salt & pepper; cook 4-6 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add kale and stock. Bring mixture to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and tender. Stir in pasta and soy sauce; cook 1-2 minutes until pasta is tender. Remove pot from heat; add remaining ingredients. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.