ZENB Penne Pasta Puttanesca
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 366g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This recipe provides a flavorful dish by using ZENB Penne Pasta and ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce to make preparation simple while not compromising on taste. Providing a good source of fiber, this pasta dish will be a new staple in your kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Add garlic and anchovies. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly until fragrant.2.
Stir in ZENB Sauce, olives, capers and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil before reducing heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.3.
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package; drain. Toss pasta gently with sauce until well combined. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Substitute Italian Gaeta, French niçoise or Greek alfonso olives for the kalamatas.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.