ZENB Jambalaya Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 467g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
Put a twist on Jambalaya by using ZENB Penna Pasta noodles to create the classic dish. You'll enjoy all the amazing flavor of this classic Cajun cuisine, all while staying low in calories. Get ready to enjoy and impress with your ZENB Pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 links andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (31/35 count)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Heat oil in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Cook onions and peppers 4-5 minutes until tender-crisp. Add sausage, chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook 8-10 minutes stirring frequently, until chicken starts to brown.2.
Stir in garlic slices, ZENB Pasta, tomatoes and broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 13-15 minutes until pasta is tender.3.
Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes until opaque. Stir in cheddar cheese; mix gently until melted and well combined. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Substitute leftover cooked chicken to save time.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.