ZENB Elbows with Spicy Red Curry Shrimp
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 457g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
The craving for a good spicy curry can become reality in under 30 minutes with ZENB Elbows Pasta with Spicy Red Curry Shrimp. This recipe is packed with Japanese eggplants, Thai basil leaves and plump colossal shrimp. This explosion of flavor will be your new curry fix! It is also a good source of protein, low in calories, and low in fat.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbow Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 medium Japanese eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-1/2 pounds colossal raw shrimp (U/15 count), peeled, deveined
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cups loosely packed Thai basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water; drain and keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, combine eggplant and salt in medium bowl. Arrange eggplant on a double layer of paper towels. Let stand 10-15 minutes, or until liquid is released on the surface of each slice. Pat dry.3.
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add curry paste, shallot and ginger to pan. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly while breaking up the paste with a wooden spoon. Add coconut milk, reserved pasta water and eggplant; bring mixture to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 6-7 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and eggplant is tender. Remove pan from heat.4.
Stir in lime juice and Thai basil. Serve curry over pasta; sprinkle top with cilantro.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.