ZENB Elbows Pasta with Winter Sprouts Slaw
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 13 minutes
Serving Size: 311g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Providing fiber and iron, this delicious ZENB Elbows Pasta recipe is the perfect salad during the winter season. Of course you can enjoy anytime of year, but this recipe takes advantage of seasonal sprouts to deliver a delicious side dish you can enjoy with friends and family.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 lemons, juiced (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Rinse pasta under cold running water until chilled. Drain well.2.
Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, shallots, salt & pepper in small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream while whisking until smooth and slightly thickened.3.
Combine pasta and remaining ingredients in large serving bowl. Toss gently with dressing before serving.
Serve this dish as a warm salad by combining hot cooked pasta with dressing and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.