ZENB Elbows Pasta e Fagioli
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 539g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Get excited to cook up this low calorie version of the traditional Italian soup, Pasta e Fagioli. Using ZENB Elbow Pasta, this dish delivers on taste while staying low in fat and sodium. Whether you want to enjoy this as a main dish or as part of a larger dinner, we cannot wait for you to give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups (6 ounces) ZENB Elbow Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat. Cook pancetta 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate with slotted spoon.2.
Add onion, garlic, salt and red pepper to drippings. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until translucent. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently until slightly darkened in color. Stir in broth, ZENB Pasta, beans, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 11-13 minutes or until pasta is tender.3.
Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Garnish with crispy pancetta and remaining Parmesan before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.