ZENB Elbows Pasta e Fagioli
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 539g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Get excited to cook up this low calorie version of the traditional Italian soup, Pasta e Fagioli. Using ZENB Elbow Pasta, this dish delivers on taste while staying low in fat and sodium. Whether you want to enjoy this as a main dish or as part of a larger dinner, we cannot wait for you to give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups (6 ounces) ZENB Elbow Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat. Cook pancetta 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate with slotted spoon.2.
Add onion, garlic, salt and red pepper to drippings. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until translucent. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently until slightly darkened in color. Stir in broth, ZENB Pasta, beans, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 11-13 minutes or until pasta is tender.3.
Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Garnish with crispy pancetta and remaining Parmesan before serving.
For a slightly smoky flavor, substitute bacon for pancetta.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.