ZENB Elbows Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45 minutes
Serving Size: 327g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Something about the flavor of buffalo sauce always seems to be a fan favorite when it comes to cooking. This ZENB Elbows Pasta recipe combines the flavor of buffalo wing sauce, rotisserie chicken, and a variety of cheeses to create a dish your family will love.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken meat, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.2.
Melt butter in large pot on medium heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Whisk in milk, salt, and pepper until smooth. Cook 4-5 minutes until mixture reaches a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar and 1/4 cup blue cheese. Whisk slowly until cheeses are melted. Stir in pasta, buffalo sauce, and chicken; mix gently until well combined.3.
Spoon mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining cheeses. Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly. Garnish with green onions before serving.
For extra crunch, top with breadcrumbs before baking.
An average-size rotisserie chicken yields about 3 cups of meat.
Substitute reduced fat cheese in place of full fat cheese to save on fat and calories.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.