ZENB California Penne Pasta Salad
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 334g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This colorful, delicious dish combines a variety of vegetables and seasonings with ZENB Penne Pasta. You can use the vegetables recommended in the recipe or easily swap them out for your favorite in-season vegetables. Enjoy your California Penne Pasta Salad!
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Rinse pasta under cold running water until chilled. Drain well. Whisk oil, vinegar, salt & pepper, oregano, and garlic powder in large serving bowl.2.
Meanwhile, place zucchini, red onion, and bell pepper on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cool completely.3.
Combine pasta, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and roasted vegetables in serving bowl with dressing. Serve garnished with additional parsley.
Substitute your favorite combination of in-season vegetables.
Chilling the ZENB Pasta under cold running water as directed in our recipes produces the best pasta texture in cold applications. This recipe is best served immediately, as opposed to preparing ahead to refrigerate overnight.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.