Tuscan Ribollita with ZENB Elbows
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Serving Size: 394g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
This veggie-packed, low-calorie recipe is a delicious take on a classic, comforting Italian bean stew. You will enjoy ZENB Elbows Pasta and ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce combined with a variety of vegetables. This warm stew is ideal for when you are looking for hot, comforting dish to enjoy.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 pound kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 4 thick slices rustic bread, toasted, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large pot on medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic; cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add ZENB Sauce, broth, beans, ZENB Pasta and thyme; bring to a boil. Cook 15-20 minutes until pasta and vegetables are tender.2.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in kale; cook 10-15 minutes until kale is tender. Remove thyme sprig from pot. Add bread; stir gently to combine.3.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Ribollita is a comforting veggie-packed Italian bean stew thickened with day-old bread. The bread added to the pot absorbs the broth as it simmers and plumps into pillowy dumplings.
Drizzle each serving with olive oil for an extra touch of richness.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.