Tom Yum-Style Chicken Soup with ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 570g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Use your ZENB Elbow Pasta to make this warm, delicious Tom Yum-Style Chick Soup recipe. Using a rotisserie chicken to make the preparation easier, this recipe will be your new go-to soup that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 carton (32 ounces) unsalted chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbow Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced plus additional lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (Asian chili garlic sauce)
Heat curry paste in large pot lightly sprayed with oil on medium-high heat. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently until fragrant and softened. Add stock and water; cover. Bring mixture to a boil. Add ZENB Pasta; cook 10 minutes until pasta is cooked but firm.2.
Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken and fish sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes, until heated through.3.
Remove pot from heat; stir in lime juice. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Serve immediately with cilantro, sambal and lime wedges.
Using a rotisserie chicken saves a lot of time. An average-size rotisserie chicken yields about 3 cups of meat.
Fish sauce is a salty, umami-rich condiment frequently used in southeast Asian cooking. It is usually available in the Asian section of the grocery store.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.