Spicy Vietnamese ZENB Penne Pasta Salad
PREP TIME 45 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 484g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low fat Spicy Vietnamese Pasta Salad is a delicious way to enjoy ZENB Penne Pasta and provides a good source of protein. Whether enjoying as a main dish or as a side, the spicy flavor is sure to tickle your tastebuds and make you want more.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 limes, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (Asian chili garlic paste)
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves, divided
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Rinse pasta under cold running water until chilled. Drain well.2.
Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, 2 tablespoons honey and salt in medium bowl. Add cucumber slices and carrots. Ensure vegetables are submerged in the vinegar mixture. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until chilled.3.
Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil, sambal, remaining honey and salt in large serving bowl. Add pasta, chicken and 1 cup mint leaves; toss gently to combine. Drain pickled vegetables; discard vinegar brine. Add pickled veggies to pasta. Garnish with remaining mint leaves before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.