Spicy Seafood Brodo with Calabrian Chiles & ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 491g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
This dish brings a little spice to your ZENB Elbows Pasta making by using Calabrian Chiles. This dish provides a good source of protein while staying low calorie, low fat, and low cholesterol.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian chile paste
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 navel orange, zested, juiced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 carton (32 ounces) seafood stock
- 1-1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless sea bass filet, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Cook ZENB Pasta 1 minute less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large Dutch oven on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, fennel, garlic, chile paste, capers, salt & pepper; cook 3-4 minutes stirring frequently until softened. Add wine, orange juice & zest; cook 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes and stock; bring mixture to a boil.3.
Reduce heat to medium. Add mussels and fish; cover. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until fish is opaque and shells are fully open. Discard any unopened mussels.4.
Add pasta to pot; mix gently until pasta is tender and heated through. Ladle into bowls; serve topped with remaining olive oil, basil and lemon wedges.
Most mussels sold are farm-raised and need very little cleaning. Grab the thin, hair-like membrane sticking out of the shell and pull firmly toward the hinged end to debeard.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.