Spicy Seafood Brodo with Calabrian Chiles & ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 491g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
This dish brings a little spice to your ZENB Elbows Pasta making by using Calabrian Chiles. This dish provides a good source of protein while staying low calorie, low fat, and low cholesterol.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Calabrian chile paste
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 navel orange, zested, juiced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 carton (32 ounces) seafood stock
- 1-1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless sea bass filet, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Cook ZENB Pasta 1 minute less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large Dutch oven on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, fennel, garlic, chile paste, capers, salt & pepper; cook 3-4 minutes stirring frequently until softened. Add wine, orange juice & zest; cook 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes and stock; bring mixture to a boil.3.
Reduce heat to medium. Add mussels and fish; cover. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until fish is opaque and shells are fully open. Discard any unopened mussels.4.
Add pasta to pot; mix gently until pasta is tender and heated through. Ladle into bowls; serve topped with remaining olive oil, basil and lemon wedges.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.