Spicy Amalfi-Style Salmon with Saffron & ZENB Rotini
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 655g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Rotini Pasta
Bring some extra spice and flavor into your pasta dinner with this Spicy Amalfi-Style Salmon with Saffron and ZENB Rotini. This recipe uses the unique spice Saffron, which adds a subtle honey-like floral aroma and a vibrant yellow-orange hue. This dish is perfect for salmon and pasta lovers looking for a low calorie, low fat, and good source of protein without sacrificing the taste appeal.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100%Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-2 red Fresno chiles, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless salmon filet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water in small bowl; add saffron. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, chiles, salt & pepper; cook 3-4 minutes stirring frequently until translucent. Add wine; cook 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and saffron water. Bring mixture to a simmer; add salmon. Cook 1-2 minutes until opaque. Stir in pasta, zest, juice and parsley; mix gently 1-2 minutes until heated through.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.