Roasted Red Pepper ZENB Penne with Shrimp
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 412g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, low fat ZENB Penne Pasta recipe combines roasted red peppers, shrimp, and more to deliver a delicious dish. Providing a good source of fiber, this recipe is great for people who love shrimp and are looking for a new way to enjoy ZENB Pasta.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined (31/35 count)
- 3 tablespoons cup heavy cream
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1-1/2 cups pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, place roasted peppers, butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice, parsley, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne in work bowl of food processor. Pulse 10-15 seconds until ingredients are finely chopped and well mixed.3.
Melt butter mixture in large pot on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes until opaque. Add reserved pasta water and cream; bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in pasta. Mix gently, 2-3 minutes, until well combined. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.