Roasted Red Pepper ZENB Penne with Shrimp
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
Serving Size: 412g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, low fat ZENB Penne Pasta recipe combines roasted red peppers, shrimp, and more to deliver a delicious dish. Providing a good source of fiber, this recipe is great for people who love shrimp and are looking for a new way to enjoy ZENB Pasta.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined (31/35 count)
- 3 tablespoons cup heavy cream
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1-1/2 cups pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, place roasted peppers, butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice, parsley, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne in work bowl of food processor. Pulse 10-15 seconds until ingredients are finely chopped and well mixed.3.
Melt butter mixture in large pot on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes until opaque. Add reserved pasta water and cream; bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in pasta. Mix gently, 2-3 minutes, until well combined. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Flavored butter, also called compound butter, freezes extremely well. Form into logs and wrap tightly in plastic wrap before storing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.