One-Pan Chicken Parm with ZENB Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 493g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie Chicken Parm recipe is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penne Pasta. We love recipes that only use one-pan, it makes the cooking and cleaning process much easier. This recipe provides protein, along with the delicious flavor of the classic chicken parm dish. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Add panko; stir to combine. Cook 8-10 minutes stirring frequently, until golden brown. Transfer breadcrumbs to small bowl; stir in Parmesan.2.
Wipe out skillet; heat remaining oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes until done. Stir in marinara sauce, water, and ZENB Pasta. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Sprinkle top with mozzarella; cook 1-2 minutes until melted.3.
Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and basil immediately before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.