One-Pan Chicken Parm with ZENB Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
Serving Size: 493g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie Chicken Parm recipe is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penne Pasta. We love recipes that only use one-pan, it makes the cooking and cleaning process much easier. This recipe provides protein, along with the delicious flavor of the classic chicken parm dish. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Add panko; stir to combine. Cook 8-10 minutes stirring frequently, until golden brown. Transfer breadcrumbs to small bowl; stir in Parmesan.2.
Wipe out skillet; heat remaining oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes until done. Stir in marinara sauce, water, and ZENB Pasta. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Sprinkle top with mozzarella; cook 1-2 minutes until melted.3.
Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and basil immediately before serving.
Make this dish meatless by substituting 2 large globe eggplants, chopped, for the chicken.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.