Minestrone Soup with ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 27 minutes
TOTAL TIME 42 minutes
Serving Size: 531g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Enjoy this low calorie Minestrone Soup with ZENB Elbows Pasta. This vegetable soup has the familiar flavors you love, while also staying low fat and providing vitamin A. When you need some soup to keep you warm or are looking for a compliment to a larger meal, grab your ZENB Pasta and cook up this tasty recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (6 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.2.
Add ZENB Pasta, broth, kidney beans, tomatoes and green beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 13 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley.3.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.
This soup is a great way to use up any extra vegetables in your refrigerator.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.