Creamy ZENB Cajun Chicken & Sausage Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 310g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This ZENB Penne Pasta recipe features Cajun Chicken, smoked sausage, and parmesan cheese to create a flavorful dish for six. Not only will you enjoy the mix of flavors, but you'll get a good source of protein for under 600 calories per serving.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 2 links smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, plus additional sprigs for serving
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, drain.2.
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt, & pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add sausage; cook 3-4 minutes until edges start to brown. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds stirring constantly until fragrant. Sprinkle flour over skillet.3.
Stir in reserved pasta water and sour cream until well combined. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add pasta, cheese and parsley; mix gently unti lwell combined. Serve immediately garnished with additional parsley.
For a spicier dish, use smoked andouille sausage. For a less spicy dish, reduce the Cajun seasoning to 1 tablespoon.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.