Creamy ZENB Cajun Chicken & Sausage Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 310g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This ZENB Penne Pasta recipe features Cajun Chicken, smoked sausage, and parmesan cheese to create a flavorful dish for six. Not only will you enjoy the mix of flavors, but you'll get a good source of protein for under 600 calories per serving.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 2 links smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, plus additional sprigs for serving
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, drain.2.
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt, & pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add sausage; cook 3-4 minutes until edges start to brown. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds stirring constantly until fragrant. Sprinkle flour over skillet.3.
Stir in reserved pasta water and sour cream until well combined. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add pasta, cheese and parsley; mix gently unti lwell combined. Serve immediately garnished with additional parsley.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.