ZENB Turkey Sloppy Joes
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 268g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
This ZENB Turkey Sloppy Joes recipe is a delicious take on a classic sandwich. Using ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce, you’ll love the elevated flavors in this recipe. Proving a good source of protein and delicious flavors, this may be your family’s new favorite recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 hamburger-style sesame seed buns
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until edges begin to brown. Add turkey; cook 5-7 minutes or until done, breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon.2.
Add ZENB Sauce, Worcestershire, mustard powder and garlic powder; bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened.3.
Fill buns with meat mixture; serve immediately.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.