ZENB Shrimp & Chorizo Penne Paella
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 42 minutes
TOTAL TIME 57 minutes
Serving Size: 443g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, low fat Paella recipe uses shrimp, chorizo, and ZENB Penne Pasta to bring a flavorful meal to your table. Fun to make and sure to impress, this dish is perfect to make for a large family or a gathering with friends. You’ll also get a good source of protein along with the delicious taste.
- 1/4 pound Spanish-style chorizo, finely, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion, thinly
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 carton (32 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (41/50 count)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Add chorizo to large pot lightly sprayed with nonstick spray on medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer sausage to clean plate. Add peppers, onion, garlic, paprika and pepper to skillet. Cook 8-10 minues or until vegetables are tender-crisp.2.
Add ZENB Pasta, chicken broth and water; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 13 minutes stirring occasionally until pasta is al dente. Stir in shrimp and peas. Cook covered 4-6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and pasta is tender.3.
Remove pot from heat. Add lemon juice, parsley and chorizo. Mix gently until well combined.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.