ZENB Rotini Hot Harvest Bowl
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 577g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Rotini Pasta
This vegan, gluten free recipe combines ZENB Rotini Pasta with a variety of vegetables and a homemade roasted red pepper sauce. Low in calories, fat, and sodium, this dish provides a good source of fiber and the ability to swap in any of your favorite harvest vegetables.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 medium beet, scrubbed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 medium parsnip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups loosely packed baby kale leaves
- 1 cup multi-color grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beets, carrots and parsnips on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle oil over vegetables; sprinkle with rosemary leaves, salt & pepper. Bake 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender with caramelized edges.2.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain; return to pot.3.
Add all ingredients for roasted red pepper sauce in blender jar. Pulse 15-20 seconds or until smooth. Add reserved pasta water; blend 20-30 seconds until smooth. Pour mixture into pot with pasta. Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat until heated through.4.
Divide pasta, roasted vegetables, kale and tomatoes evenly between 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with pepitas before serving.
Other vegetables that would work well include Brussels sprouts, winter squash, onions or sweet potatoes.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.