ZENB Penne Pasta with Ginger-Soy Chicken Meatballs
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 486g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, low fat ZENB Penne Pasta recipe is a great way to cook up a flavorful dish for you and your family. Not only will you enjoy the flavor, you will also get in a good source of protein and vitamin A. Enjoy your ZENB Pasta!
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 6 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil and sriracha in liquid measuring cup.2.
Combine 2 tablespoons soy mixture, chicken and half the green onions in large bowl. Mix well until combined. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Spray meatball slightly with vegetable oil spray. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until done (165°F).3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package, adding spinach during last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water; drain and return to pot. Mix pasta gently with remaining soy mixture and pasta water. Serve pasta and meatballs garnished with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
Substitute gluten-free tamari for soy sauce to make this dish gluten-free.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.