ZENB Penne Pasta with Ginger-Soy Chicken Meatballs
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 486g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie, low fat ZENB Penne Pasta recipe is a great way to cook up a flavorful dish for you and your family. Not only will you enjoy the flavor, you will also get in a good source of protein and vitamin A. Enjoy your ZENB Pasta!
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 6 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil and sriracha in liquid measuring cup.2.
Combine 2 tablespoons soy mixture, chicken and half the green onions in large bowl. Mix well until combined. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Spray meatball slightly with vegetable oil spray. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until done (165°F).3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package, adding spinach during last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water; drain and return to pot. Mix pasta gently with remaining soy mixture and pasta water. Serve pasta and meatballs garnished with sesame seeds and remaining green onions.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.