ZENB Mussels Marinara
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 229g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
This Mussels Marina recipe is a delicious way to use your ZENB Roasted, Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce. Whether making as a main meal or to impress your friends as an appetizer, you’ll enjoy the flavor profile and quick cook time. This dish provides a good source of protein and an excellent source of iron.
- 8 slices French bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Preheat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. Brush bread slices with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Grill bread 1-2 minutes on each side until golden-brown.2.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes until reduced by half.3.
Stir in ZENB Sauce, water and pepper; bring to a simmer. Add mussels, cover with lid. Cook 5-7 minutes until shells are fully open. Sprinkle with basil before serving with grilled bread.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.