ZENB Memphis BBQ Sauce
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45 minutes
Serving Size: 46g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
Ever wanted to make your own homemade barbecue sauce? This recipe makes a Memphis-style BBQ Sauce using ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce and many other flavorful ingredients. Perfect to slather on ribs, chicken, or even plant-based protein any time of year!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 4-5 minutes stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring mixture to a boil.2.
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Remove pan from heat; let stand 10 minutes or until slightly cooled.3.
Transfer sauce to blender jar. Blend 30 seconds on high until smooth.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.