ZENB Elbows Pasta with Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 420g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Enjoy this recipe featuring butternut squash and goat cheese that is high in vitamin A and a good source of fiber. Using ZENB Elbows Pasta, this recipe creates a delicious flavor profile and is the perfect dish to enjoy during the fall season or whenever you have a craving for ZENB Pasta.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons each kosher salt & ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, place butternut squash and 1 tablespoon oil on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each kosher salt & black pepper and paprika. Mix gently; spread in single layer. Bake 30-35 minutes, until tender and edges begin to caramelize. Cool.3.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook shallots 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pasta, reserved pasta water and roasted squash; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese, pepitas and red pepper flakes before serving.
For a creamier dish, puree roasted squash with reserved pasta water in a food processor or blender before combining with pasta.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.