ZENB Elbows Pasta with Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 420g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Enjoy this recipe featuring butternut squash and goat cheese that is high in vitamin A and a good source of fiber. Using ZENB Elbows Pasta, this recipe creates a delicious flavor profile and is the perfect dish to enjoy during the fall season or whenever you have a craving for ZENB Pasta.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons each kosher salt & ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, place butternut squash and 1 tablespoon oil on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each kosher salt & black pepper and paprika. Mix gently; spread in single layer. Bake 30-35 minutes, until tender and edges begin to caramelize. Cool.3.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook shallots 4-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pasta, reserved pasta water and roasted squash; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese, pepitas and red pepper flakes before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.