ZENB Elbows Meatball Parm Pasta Skillet
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
Serving Size: 566g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Enjoy your ZENB Elbows Pasta by making this Meatball Parm Pasta Skillet recipe. You and your family will enjoy the mouthwatering flavor this dish provides. Get your ZENB Pasta and your skillet ready, and start cooking!
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for serving
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to pot.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large, oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and pepper; cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Cool. Whisk egg, milk, bread crumbs and parsley in large bowl. Add cooked onions and ground beef; mix to combine.3.
Form mixture into 16 meatballs; arrange in skillet. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until cooked through (165°F). Remove skillet from oven. Add pasta and marinara sauce; mix gently to combine. Sprinkle top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Bake meatballs ahead and freeze until ready to use in air-tight containers or resealable plastic freezer bags.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.