ZENB Chipotle Rotini with Squash and Hazelnuts
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 12 minutes
TOTAL TIME 32 minutes
Serving Size: 232g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
ZENB Chipotle with Squash and Hazelnuts creates a magnificent flavor combo of nutty and spicy with ZENB Final Flair Smokey Infused Olive Oil and ZENB Rotini. This recipe is low in fat, low in calories, and a good source of protein for an easy meal that is ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 2 teaspoons ZENB Final Flair Smokey Olive Oil infused with chipotle peppers, divided
- 1 small acorn squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon ZENB Final Flair Olive Oil in large skillet on medium-low heat. Add squash to skillet. Cook 7-9 minutes, until golden-brown and tender. Stir in reserved pasta water, pasta, lemon juice and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes, until sauce thickens.3.
Sprinkle with Parmesan, hazelnuts and mint. Drizzle with remaining oil before serving.
Substitute butternut or Honeynut squash for the acorn squash.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.