ZENB Chicken Penne Pad Thai
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 325g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This Chicken Pad Thai recipe uses ZENB Penne Pasta as the base for this delicious dish. You'll enjoy the classic flavor combination while getting in a good source of protein. If you'll prefer to have a meatless dish, you can swap the chicken for firm tofu and enjoy the flavors just the same.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (Asian chili garlic paste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; drain. Whisk fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and sambal in small bowl.2.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add chicken; cook 10-12 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to clean plate.3.
Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add onions and peppers; cook 6-8 minutes until tender-crisp. Add pasta, reserved pasta water, sauce mixture and chicken to skillet. Mix gently until well combined. Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and cilantro before serving.
For a meatless dish, substitute cubed firm tofu for the chicken.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.