ZENB Beef Pho at Home
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 490g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Cook like a Chef Baller! This simple and delicious culinary masterpiece, featured in the ZENB Chef Ballers Competition on ZENB's hardwood kitchen court, is a combination of ZENB Spaghetti, meat and a very flavorful broth. A piping hot bowl of Pho is also low in calories, low in fat and a good source of protein.
- 4 inch piece ginger, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, halved, divided
- 4 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 4 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 4 cups unsalted chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 box (8 ounces) ZENB Spaghetti made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1/2 pound raw beef brisket or ribeye, sliced thin against the grain
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro, mint and or Thai basil
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- hoisin sauce
- sriracha sauce
Grill ginger and one onion half 4-5 minutes until deeply marked on preheated grill or grill pan. Thinly slice remaining onion half.2.
Add star anise, cloves, cinnamon, fennel, coriander seeds, grilled onion, ginger, and broths to large pot. Bring mixture to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Add fish sauce and sugar to broth; season with salt. Keep broth mixture at a low simmer on low heat.3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; divide pasta between four large soup bowls. Top evenly with raw beef, onion slices, sprouts, herbs and chilies. Ladle hot broth over toppings. Serve immediately with lime wedges, hoisin and sriracha sauce.
Flavors will meld with time. This is delicious as a leftover.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.