Vegan ZENB Pasta Puttanesca
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 21 minutes
Serving Size: 495g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Rotini Pasta
This vegan dish features Puttanesca, a classic Italian sauce made with a combination of vegetables. This sauce, combined with ZENB Rotini Pasta will bring an elevated flavor profile, while also staying low calorie, low fat, cholesterol free, and providing a good source of fiber.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons salt-packed capers, soaked, rinsed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon white soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped basil
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, combine olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic in large skillet on medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden. Add onion, olives and capers; cook 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent.3.
Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in wine; cook 3-4 minutes until liquid is reduced by half. Add peppers, tomatoes and soy sauce; cook 4-6 minutes until tomatoes have softened. Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved pasta water, pasta, vinegar and basil to the pan. Mix gently 1-2 minutes until well combined.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.