Southwest Turkey ZENB Penne Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Serving Size: 422g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This low calorie ZENB Penne Pasta recipe uses ground turkey, veggies, and a variety of spices to make a delicious dish. Good for a large family meal or for some weekly meal prep, this recipe provides fiber and stays low in fat. If you would like to make this recipe vegetarian, you can easily swap out the turkey for a plant-based protein of your choice.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot on medium-high heat. Add turkey, onions, salt & pepper and spices. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until done, while break up the meat with a wooden spoon.2.
Reduce heat to medium; add garlic. Cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, water and ZENB Pasta. Bring mixture to boil. Cook 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.3.
Stir in beans, corn and cheese. Cook 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
To make this a vegetarian dish, substitute plant-based protein for the turkey.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.