Shrimp 'Poke' ZENB Penne Bowls
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 338g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Penne Pasta
This fresh “Poke” bowl is perfectly mixed with ZENB Penne Pasta, shrimp, and fresh vegetables. Enjoy this meal that is low in calories, a good source of fiber and a good source of protein.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1/4 cup vegan or light mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined (41/50 count)
- 1 small seedless cucumber, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 cups yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced watermelon radishes, quartered
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain. Meanwhile, whisk mayo, lemon juice and zest, sriracha and sesame oil in small bowl.2.
Add scant 1 cup cooked pasta in center of 6 individual serving bowls. Arrange shrimp and veggies around pasta. Drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with herbs and sesame seeds.
Use a standard vegetable peeler to easily make long, thin ribbons of cucumber.
Other toppings and garnish options include shredded carrots, sliced avocado, finely shredded purple cabbage or lettuce, diced mango, navel orange segments, mint leaves, sliced green onions and nori strips.
Poke is a traditional Hawaiian raw fish salad often seasoned with a soy-based dressing. This version starts with cooked shrimp to save prep time and eliminate the need to purchase sashimi-grade seafood.
Substitute cubed firm tofu for the shrimp to make this a vegan dish.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.