One-Pan ZENB Elbows Pasta Pizza Skillet
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 424g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
We love one-pan recipes, and this one delivers a delicious flavor profile. Using ZENB Elbows Pasta, you can make this pizza skillet your own by using your favorite ingredients. Taking just 25 minutes, this recipe makes a great family dinner night you can all enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spicy Italian chicken sausage, removed from casings (about 2 links)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mini turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon black olive slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
Preheat broiler. Heat oil in large oven-safe skillet or cast-iron pan on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 5-6 minutes until browned.2.
Stir in marinara sauce, water, oregano, red pepper flakes, and ZENB Pasta. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 11-13 minutes or until pasta is tender.3.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in half of the mozzarella cheese. Mix gently until cheese is melted. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, pepperoni and olive slices. Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is browned in spots. Garnish with parsley before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.