Hearty ZENB Chicken Cacciatore
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 400g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Create Your Own ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce Pack
This low calorie version of Chicken Cacciatore combines a variety of flavors with our ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Pasta Sauce. Providing a good source of protein, this dish can be a new go to in your kitchen. While not part of the recipe, this dish would go great served alongside ZENB Pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes turning once, until golden brown. Transfer chicken to clean plate.2.
Add onions, mushrooms and peppers to same skillet. Cook 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Add wine; cook 3-4 minutes until reduced by half while scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in ZENB Sauce, broth and oregano; bring mixture to a simmer.3.
Reduce heat to low. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes until done. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.