Easy Italian Bake
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 332g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 box (15 ounces) ZENB Roasted Tomato Gourmet Sauce
- 2-2/3 cups (8 ounces) ZENB Pasta Agile, uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, seasoning, salt & pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add meat; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until done.2.
Stir in ZENB Roasted Tomato Gourmet Sauce, ZENB Pasta Agile, Parmesan and half the basil. Cook 1 minute or until heated through. Spoon mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover tightly with foil.3.
Bake 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and pasta is tender.4.
Sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.
Using lean ground meat eliminates the need for a draining step in this recipe, keeping cook time and dishes to a minimum.
Substitute plant-based protein for the turkey to make a vegetarian dish.
Substitute ZENB Roasted Bell Pepper Gourmet Sauce for the Roasted Tomato Gourmet Sauce.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.