Crispy Skin Chicken Puttanesca
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME 65 minutes
Serving Size: 331g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Crispy Skin Chicken Puttanesca is a bold and crispy delight that will impress anyone who pulls up a chair at your table. Using ZENB Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Sauteed Onion, and Olive Oil Gourmet Sauce and ZENB Penne Pasta makes this dish easy to prepare while adding an explosion of flavor to your palate. It is also a good source of protein. Just add a glass of your favorite red wine for a delicious pairing!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Red Bell Pepper Sauce with Sauteed Onion & Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup mixed olives, pitted, halved
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Penne Pasta made with 100% Yellow Peas
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon, zested
Preheat oven to 425ºF.2.
Heat oil in large cast iron pan on medium heat until shimmering. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Add chicken to skillet, skin-side down. Cook undisturbed, 6-8 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Transfer chicken to clean plate.3.
Add garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute, while breaking up the anchovies with a wooden spoon. Stir in sauce, olives and capers. Cook 2-3 minutes, while gently scraping fond from bottom of pan. Return chicken to skillet skin side up.4.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Sprinkle chicken with herbs and zest before serving with pasta.
This recipe utilizes the deep, even heat of cast iron to achieve a crispy skin on the chicken. Substitute any heavy bottom, oven-safe skillet for the cast iron pan.
LIVE YOUR ZENB LIFEPowered by Curator.io
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.