Creamy ZENB Pasta Pea-Mavera
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 331g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
Primavera is a bright dish full of tender vegetables combined with fresh cheese. This palate-pleasing recipe is concocted using ZENB Rotini Pasta and ZENB Creamy Mushroom, Cauliflower, and Garlic Gourmet Sauce, a flavorful shortcut to get this dish on your table for hungry guests in 30 minutes. This recipe is also a good source of fiber.
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 mini bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (15.5 ounces) ZENB Creamy Mushroom, Cauliflower & Garlic Sauce
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon small Italian parsley leaves
Cook ZENB Pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat until shimmering. Add peppers, onions, salt & pepper; cook 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir 1 minute until fragrant.3.
Stir in reserved pasta water, ZENB Sauce, yellow squash and pasta. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove pan from heat; add spinach. Toss gently until wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley before serving.
Substitute other vegetables based on what’s in season. Fresh peas, baby spinach, asparagus tips, broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes or baby carrots work well in this recipe.
Stir some pesto into this dish before serving for a delicious pop of flavor.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.