Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup with Kale & ZENB Elbows Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Serving Size: 373g
|Amount per Serving*||% Daily Value|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
ZENB Elbows Pasta
Sometimes a creamy soup just sounds perfect. This Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup with Kale uses ZENB Elbows Pasta to deliver a delicious, gluten-free soup that you will love. Beyond great taste, you will also get in a good source of fiber, iron, and vitamin A.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cremini and/or shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 cups kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 3/4 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 box (12 ounces) ZENB Elbows Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3-5 minutes stirring frequently, until tender-crisp. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 5-7 minutes until softened and most liquid is evaporated. Add kale and season with thyme, salt & pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted.2.
Add broth, water, cashew milk and pasta to pot; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 11-13 minutes or until pasta is tender.3.
Stir in remaining ingredients immediately before serving.
Substitute unsweetened almond or oat milk for the cashew milk.
Share on Instagram
Did you make this or any of our other recipes? Share on Instagram using #ZENBRecipes and tag @ZENB_Life. We'll repost our favorites with our Plant Pals.